Monday, January 16, 2012

Changing Diet

Been reading a lot of information about the Diet of people who have MS.  The Swank Diet is very popular as well as a gluten free diet.  I don't know if I can give up all my bread products though.  The Swank Diet seems okay except for the bread thing. I think my body might go into shock if I completely cut the bread products out right away...lol.  I have been eating a lot more fruits, vegetables, lean meats and cut out a lot of the prepackage food for myself.  The whole family already drinks skim milk and eats low fat cheeses so that I don't have to change.  It's just getting used to all these vegetables because I am not a veggie lover!  But do I want to be healthy and live longer or not be healthy and let this MS MONSTER take over?  I choose healthy!  So tonight we tried turkey burgers, which I grilled on the George Foreman grill, and added a side salad.  Surprisingly my kids loved the turkey burgers! The youngest said she would eat them every day...I thought she mistaking this for "Cat in the Hat."  So now I might try the soy burgers Dr. Oz has been talking about.  I will attempt to step out of my comfort zone a little more.  I told my girls next time we would have sweet potato fries (Dr. Oz) with the burgers and they screamed "EWWWW."  Well I'll sneak it in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment