Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Boom

Well I was sick for a few weeks again. Went to the ER twice and I ended up being so dehydrated they couldn't get an IV in. The migraine I had was so bad that I literally couldn't function. So the doctor ended up giving me an IV in the femoral artery! Can we say OUCH!!!!!! Yeah he even numbed me before inserting the needle and I still felt it! So gave me the pain meds and then I had to go home and rehydrate with Gatorade. Then the next week I am still feeling sick and I'm thinking it's because of the betaseron. I called my beta nurse and asked some questions. She assured me this was normal and also that some women will miss or have their monthly cycles late. So I thought nothing of it until the second one never came around. I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were both positive. I was freaking out. I called the beta nurse and she said to stop taking the betaseron. Then I called my OB and went in for a blood test and it was also positive. I had all this medication and I was pregnant and the meds were basically mimicking the symptoms! So I went in for an ultrasound today and the due date is 09/27 and so far everything looks good. I am praying that God puts his arms around this child and keeps he/she from any birth defects from this medication. God is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment